Messi wins UEFA Best Player in Europe Award 2011 / 2012

Messi wins UEFA Best Player in Europe Award 2011 / 2012. Messi wins UEFA Best Player in Europe Award in Monaco this night.. The FC Barcelona forward finished ahead of club-mate Xavi Hernández and Real Madrid CF’s Cristiano Ronaldo in a poll of sports journalists representing each of the UEFA member associations.

The votes :

1 Lionel Messi (ARG) – FC Barcelona (38 votes)
2 Xavi Hernández (ESP) – FC Barcelona (11 votes)
3 Cristiano Ronaldo (POR) – Real Madrid CF (3 votes)

Messi said " I'd like to thank all the people that voted for me, and all my team-mates." . "I keep all these awards at home and I still have some space for more. It's an honour to be so successful and to come up with the goods at the right time; thanks to my team-mates for helping me achieve this. My motivation comes from being at a club that's so successful and having a structure that allows us to be so successful; that was taught to me when I moved over and I've tried my best to keep it up."